To use this online reporting system, the incident must have occurred in the areas
covered by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
In addition to the cities and county areas we patrol, our jurisdiction includes
"Metro" buses, trains, or platforms as well as County Parks, County buildings, and certain Community Colleges.
If you are not sure, here are some helpful resources:
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY OR A CRIME IS IN PROGRESS, DO NOT USE THIS SYSTEM. CALL 9-1-1
This system allows you to file a specific type of crime or incident report through this website.
Once your report is reviewed and accepted, you will receive a free copy of the
approved report emailed to you for your records.
You can report the following incidents:
All cases filed within this system will be reviewed. Department policy will dictate
the level of investigation needed for the incident you report to us. A Deputy
Sheriff may need to follow-up by email, telephone, or in person, if the incident
requires further investigation.
- Lost or stolen cell phones valued $950 or less
- Lost or stolen property valued $950 or less
- Vandalism, excluding graffiti, where damage is valued under $400
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle valued $950 or less
- Theft from an open or unsecured area valued $950 or less
- Supplemental Loss Form (Must already have a LASD report number)
Please read and answer the questions given below and on following pages.
1. Did the incident occur within the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department jurisdiction? (If you are not sure, see the Jurisdiction & Patrol Areas panel on the left.)