Search Sheriff's Website
Information Detail

Inmate Marriage Regulations and Application


1. A letter requesting permission to get married at Men's Central Jail must be written to:

Unit Commander

century Regional Detention Facility

11705 S. Alameda St

Lynwood, CA 90262

Re: Marriage Request

It may also be faxed to the Legal Office at (323) 568 4615.

Included in the letter must be the identifying information of the groom wishing to get married.

Enclose: A valid California I.D., Date of Birth, mailing address and phone number. Once it is determined that all the requirements are met, the GROOM TO BE OR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE will be contacted to bring the inmate's INABILITY TO APPEAR form and MARRIAGE APPLICATION to the attorney room window, during normal business hours (MONDAY-FRIDAY, 9:15 am - 1:00 pm / 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm).

While waiting for notification, you may go to the County Recorder's Office and pick up your marriage forms and information.

2. The Marriage License must be purchased from the County Recorder's office, using a completed CONFIDENTIAL MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATION form. Both parties' I.D. and the completed INABILITY TO APPEAR form are also required. The INABILITY TO APPEAR form, along with the MARRIAGE APPLICATION, must be completed AND NOTARIZED to take back to the county recorders office in order to receive your Marriage License.

Here's how:

Go to the county Registrar-Recorder's Office. Take with you:

a. Notarized Inability to Appear Form

b. Completed Marriage License Application

c. $70 to pay for your marriage license

d. The person who will solemnize your marriage (e.g., the minister)

e. Your driver's license or passport

f. Your fiance's driver's license or passport

3. After receiving the original Marriage License, a copy must be delivered, by mail or fax, to the Legal Office of Men's Central Jail.

4. A date and time (falling within normal visiting hours) will be set for the marriage to take place.

5. On the day of the scheduled ceremony, the non-inmate applicant must bring one witness and the original wedding license. Both must have valid photo I.D.

NOTE: Marriages shall only be allowed during the regular visit. There are no special religious or other ceremonial provisions. Deputies will not be witnesses. There will be no items exchanged, which includes rings.

The® website has made reasonable efforts to provide an accurate translation. However, no automated or computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace human or traditional translation methods. The official text is the English version of® website. If any questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information presented by the translated version of the website, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.
Los Angeles County Seal

© Copyright 2014 .  LASD. All Rights Reserved             LASD Badge and Patch are Registered Trademarks.