LA County & Justice Community
> INMATE SERVICES BUREAU
> Event Detail
Search Sheriff's Website
Inmate Mail Regulations
General mailing address for all incarcerated Male and Female inmates send to:
Inmate Name, Booking Number
PO BOX 86164
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0164
Mail for female inmates can also be sent to:
Inmate Name, Booking Number
Century Regional Detention Facility
11705 S. Alameda Street
Lynwood, CA 90262
The Los Angeles County Jail has strict inmate mail procedures for security and safety reasons. All inmates are advised on these regulations via a handout with the guidelines and are instructed to notify anyone that might send mail or parcels. Any mail or parcels that are received contrary to these guidelines will be returned "intact" to the sender. Many of these not allowed items are readily available through the jail stores.
Your cooperation when corresponding with an inmate will be greatly appreciated.
Your mail or parcel has been returned for the following reason(s):
* Food or cosmetic items
* Blank envelopes, envelopes with metal clasp, postage stamps, envelopes with gang or suggestive drawings/artwork
* Cash, personal or second party checks, payroll checks, out of state checks
* Money order exceeding the $200 limit
* Blank money orders (money orders must be signed and made payable to the inmate)
* Out of state money orders (must be from a US Postal Office)
* Musical, plastic, blank, greeting cards larger than 5"x 7"
* Postcards larger than 6"x 9"
* Identification cards or facsimiles
* Paper clips, staples, pens, pencils, glitter, stickers, glued or gummed labels
* Rosary beads, balloons, string bracelets or jewelry items
* Lottery tickets or pre-paid telephone cards
* Cellophane tape or any type of tape on letters
* Other ________________________________________________
With respect to photographs and computer generated pictures, the following will apply:
* A maximum of five (5) photographs are allowed (inmates are only allowed to possess five (5) photographs at any time)
* Photographs or computer generated pictures must be a minimum of 3"x 5" and a maximum of 4"x 6"
* Photographs or pictures that are nude, suggestive, showing gang tattoos or hand gestures are not allowed
With respect to books, publications or periodicals, we will not accept:
* Anything NOT sent directly from a bookstore or a publisher
* Anything of an explicit sexual nature
* More than three (3) books per week
* More than three (3) magazines per week
* No hardcover books
Any questions, contact the Mail Room Supervisor at (213) 893-5874.
The LASD.org® website has made reasonable efforts to provide an accurate translation. However, no automated or computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace human or traditional translation methods. The official text is the English version of LASD.org® website. If any questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information presented by the translated version of the website, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.
© Copyright 2014 . LASD. All Rights Reserved LASD Badge and Patch are Registered Trademarks.